As a content creator, the work that goes into creating content, editing and publishing can be time-consuming. 30% of content creators work for more than 40 hours a week. That’s a full-time job.
So to cut back on the hours you’d have to spend creating content, you need to automate your work. Luckily, there are tons of tools available to help you reduce your workload. Unfortunately, not all of them are free.
In this article, we’ll be showing you some of the free online tools you can use to make your content creation process faster and easier.
The Best Free Content Creation Tools
Are you a content creator who gets tired when your content is consuming time and does not give the result you want? Here are 10 effective tools you can utilise to create your content.
One of the most popular tools for creating social media graphics is Canva. You can use Canva to create your flyers, social media posts, infographics, presentations, business cards, invitation cards, lesson plans, and so much more.
With it, you no longer need to hire an illustrator or a graphic designer. And the best part is that it’s free. With Canva you;
- Don’t need any prior design knowledge or skills so it’s suitable for beginners
- Can create multiple high-quality images using layout, templates, and design elements.
- Access thousands of free templates to help you get started.
- Share posts directly from Canva to other social media platforms like Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Instagram, etc
Do you write a ton of content? Then this tool helps you to spell check and correct obvious mistakes like punctuation or wrong use of vocabulary.
Grammarly is easy to use and free, except if you’d like to upgrade to the premium plan. Here, you can get advanced grammar detection like plagiarism. It is a must-have for writers because;
- It is easy to use and it assists in the correction of grammatical errors by presenting you with a well-structured article.
- This tool doesn’t only automatically correct errors, it explains why the sentence is wrong and with that, it helps you get better at writing.
- There is room for the customization of words. For instance, if there’s a word you use often (maybe slang, brand names, abbreviation, etc) you can click add to the dictionary after it’s marked as incorrect and it automatically saves on your keyboard.
As a visual content creator, Hitfilm is a handy video editor to help you get the best version of your content for uploads. We recommend it because;
- It is a free editing software that helps you to make your videos look a lot more professional.
- It is very easy to use and it has interesting features like a “puppet tool” that allows you to add animations to static characters like images, shapes, and text by applying motion graphics.
This is an online tool that allows you to monetize your content, through custom payment links and digital storefronts. It provides you with the tools you need to,
- Receive tips from your followers by creating a personal payment link.
- Sell your digital or physical products like eBooks, merch, online courses, and so much more
- Track your customers and everyone who supports you on the creator dashboard and also become a paid brand affiliate.
Many creators suffer from creator’s block and this is where Buzumo comes in. Buzzsumo is a powerful online tool that is used by users to find out the content that is popular on any website and how to use them. It helps with:
- Content research and discovery: Use this tool to find new content ideas, upcoming trends and popular questions
- Finding influencers: This tool allows you to know about those that are getting more engagement on their posts. With this, you’d know who you need to follow or use for your next collaborative campaign.
- Alerts: Set up keyword alerts to get updated whenever there’s new content online
Buffer is a software designed to manage your social media accounts. As a creator who wants to build an online presence, a content calendar is always important for proper planning of the ideas you want to unveil.
You can create your social media calendar through Buffer and schedule posts for different platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and so on. With Buffer, you can,
- Post the same content to different social media platforms with different captions
- Automates stuff and gives you time to attend to other important tasks.
- Generates reports on important metrics such as reactions, and post types(video, texts, links, etc). With this, you’d know what content type works best as well as suggested posting times.
Unsplash is an online resource for getting high-quality stock images for your social media posts or video. Here you can get professional-looking pictures of models for free. We love it because:
- The images are free and they can be used for book cover design, graphics design, social media posts, and so on.
- You don’t need an account to download these pictures, all you need to do is give the photographer a shoutout by copying the link.
- Download the same picture in different dimensions and sizes
8. Anchor FM
This is a free podcast hosting platform with more than a million users. With Anchor FM, you can create, host, distribute, monetize, and monitor your podcast without any cost. With this tool, you can;
- When you upload your podcast, it helps you distribute it to Spotify, Pocket casts, Apple Music, and other platforms.
- It is very simple to operate by using the drag-and-drop method to publish your content.
- Get analytics on listens for improvements
- It gives your podcast a landing page you can customize. It also automatically links to every other platform where your podcast appears.
9. Make a Meme
This is a web-based tool that allows users to easily create their visual image memes. A meme is an image or video that is copied and circulated online. You can use this meme maker to create memes that’ll your posts a lot more humorous and relatable. Memes are great because;
- They are easy and simple to create
- It increases visibility and generates engagement traffic on your social channels because they are interesting.
Hashtagify is a free hashtag tracking tool that allows you to search for different hashtags and choose those guaranteed to give you the best engagements on your posts. With this tool, you can:
- Detect the trending and most engaged hashtags for your audience reach.
- Save time coming up with hashtags. All you need to do is click on the search box and type the base word.
- It increases your number of genuine followers because it shows that they are interested in what you share.
- You also get to connect with top influencers in your field.
Irrespective of any content you create, either visual, written, or audio, you need online tools. These free tools will give you the result you desire by improving your content creation skills while saving you tons of time. You can start by getting a free custom payment link for your bio by signing up for creathors here.